ALLIED BUILDING INSPECTORS
NOTE:HPD Inspectors undergoing a hardship due to a recent transfer. Please email Melissa Hester at "firstname.lastname@example.org and give a detailed account, and also to notify myself or our union attorney, Mr.Mark Soroka
Associates Inspector (Construction) (Prom)
Exam Number: 6528 New Test Date : 01/14/17
Associate Inspector (Housing) (Prom)
Exam Number: 7526 Filing Date: 02/01/17 Thru 02/21/17
Dear Brothers and Sisters
I would like to welcome the newest members of local 211 from both The Dept. of Buildings and Housing Preservation and Development.
* Please note at the bottom of the page answers to commonly asked questions regarding you benefits from the union and your agency.
We have had some important changes that we have been working on for the last couple of years. The I.U.O.E. has approved all of the amendments that were submitted in the spring as well as adding additional changes after reviewing all of our bylaws .These amendments we had requested include changes to how we select delegates and the numbers in each agency’s borough office, changes to the number required to form a quorum at meetings and most importantly the ability to have all of our members vote by a mail-in ballot at our next executive officers election. Sad to say the international has rejected our move to a four year term. Our board has thus voted to revert back to the standard 3 year term. We will soon be adding these changes in our bylaws to our website as well as the increases noted in our benefit booklet.
I am happy to say we are starting to prepare for our annual holiday party. Please keep monitoring this site for updates for this and other matters that may pop up especially regarding the upcoming civil service exams.
* New Inspectors please note it can take up to 30 days for the application process to be completed.This is Not a deadline!Just how long it takes
*update:If you have not automatically received an application in the mail.Please request one thru this website.Applications are not always available for immediate pick up at our office.
*You must include 25 dollars application fee along with a copy of your marriage and birth certificates for all dependents.
* The union itself does not collect the dues deducted from your pay. The city makes this deduction from your pay whether you join the union or not.
* Updated:The medical plan you select is managed thru your city agency. This includes prescriptions for any Injectable or Chemotherapy Drugs
*The Union has coverage for most other medications, as well as dental, chiropractic, podiatry, eyeglasses and hearing aids.
* Any foreign documents submitted to the union must be translated by a recognized entity or that country’s embassy.
Dave McCredo c.p.c.a.
President Local 211
Copyright D. McCredo All rights reserved.
Please use the above menu to navigate union resources, including your member benefits and official By Laws. Click the links on the side bar to visit our professional and healthcare friends and partners. To send us a message or update your contact information, go to the Contact page.
Our citywide contract is available on the DC-37 website (link at left) under "Contracts". Check back here at your convenience for updates, announcements, and Local 211 news.
225 Broadway - Fl. 43,
New York, NY 10007 USA
Phone: 212. 233.2690